Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS

Gas stove explodes in Fort Dodge

August 17, 2012
Messenger News
-Messenger photo by Hans Madsen

Fort Dodge Fire Department Capt. Paul Neeson talks to residents and employees of MidAmerican Energy following a reported gas explosion in a house at 1022 S. 27th St. Thursday evening. Neeson said the incident was a ‘‘small, non-ignition explosion.’’ He described it as an ‘‘extra large poof’’ that occurred when the gas didn’t light when a stove was turned on. The damage was limited to the stove, and no one was injured. The incident was reported at 5:47 p.m. and firefighters were on the scene until 6:16 p.m. Neeson identified the property owner as John Kolacia, of Fort Dodge.


I am looking for: