To the editor:
Congress has an 18 percent approval rating and they work for the people. Therefore they are our employees. None of us would have jobs if we had an 18 percent approval rating from our customers or bosses.
Time to implement annual performance reviews for Congress.
1) Approval rating under 50 percent? Deduct a percentage of their pay.
2) Approval rating between 50 percent and 85 percent? No pay raise.
3) Approval rating 85 percent or better? 3 percent raise (national average).
4) Approval rating less than 85 percent? Probation for (90) days, approval rating not improved by 20 percent? Fire them and hire new members.
5) Also implement term limits, no single member can serve for more than four years consecutive or otherwise.