Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Coalville home damaged by fire

March 4, 2013
Messenger News
A chimney fire damaged a Coalville home Sunday night. Home owner Dan Hoover said he and his family and pets were able to get out of the house safely.
The fire occurred around 8:40 p.m. Sunday at 23576 Nelson Ave. It appeared to be out by 9:30 p.m. Otho and Duncombe firefighters kept the blaze from spreading to the rest of the house, but the wall that held the chimney seemed to be badly damaged.
Hoover said he’d had a fire in the fireplace, but after it went out he saw sparks. He said once the fire department arrived, they managed to get the fire under control. After putting out the chimney, firefighters entered the house with hoses. The Webster County Sheriff’s Department also assisted at the scene.
 
 
 

 

I am looking for: