Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Contact Us | Home RSS
 
 
 

Accidental fire

May 4, 2013
Messenger News
Fort Dodge firefighter Nathan Simmons makes sure a ventilation fan is adjusted properly Friday at the scene of an apartment fire a 2211 Eighth Ave. N. Capt. Mitch Sells said the accidental fire was started when a cardboard box was placed on an electric stovetop that was turned on low. A set of mini-blinds and the electrical cord to the stove caught on fire as well, he said. Fire damage was confined to the stove area in the kitchen with moderate smoke damage throughout the home. Sells said the resident was in the process of moving to a different unit. “It’s a good reminder for people not to put anything on their stove,” he said. There were no injuries. Firefighters were on the scene of the 11:30 a.m. call less than an hour.
 
 

 

I am looking for: